Sunday, June 21, 2015

Reflections on My Web-Conference

After my initial web-conference with Cara, my learning partner, I felt a sense of community that only comes when you first meet someone in the course that you are taking.  Its always reassuring to meet someone who is in the same situation as you and that is what happened after my Skype session with Cara.

We shared our past education experiences and I found that there were many similarities such as time away from the classroom and reasons for taking the course/program.  We also discussed how blogging was going to be a new experience for us and our apprehensions moving forward. The web-conference was a great way to connect and gain that personal connection that you miss when you are taking an online course.  It would not have been the same if we had exchanged emails and we would have missed out on the gestures, the non-verbal language and the expression/intonation patterns in each other's voices.  

What I learned from Cara is that I am not alone in this journey and she is a great motivator as I can see from her blog that she is leaps and bounds ahead of me.  She has inspired me to get moving and continue working through this course.